Paying for Tournaments
Information about tournament payments
A lot of work and resources go into hosting, managing, arranging travel to, and judging tournaments. Each tournament has a fee of $25 this year, unless otherwise noted. This does not include hotel fees, meals, and other overnight charges.
NOTE: Parents judges receive a credit towards their student’s tournaments. 1 volunteer judge receives 1 student tournament fee credit towards any regular tournament (it doesn’t have to be the same one).
Tournament fees can be paid by check or online payment (see below).
Checks should be written out to: AHS Debate Booster Club
All checks should be turned in to Mr. Montecalvo in room 314 as soon as possible.
Online Tournament Payments
Here are directions on how to pay for tournaments online. All payments go through the Asheville City Schools online payment portal. Note that the screenshots listed here may vary as the website and payment portal are updated throughout the school year.
1. Go to the Tournament page
You will find the online payments button at the top of the page. If you know exactly what tournament you are paying for, you can click this button now and go to step 3.
2. Search through the calendar to find the tournament your student is participatinging in and click it for details.
There’s a link to the online payments at the top of the page but this link will NOT bring you directly to the payment for this one tournament. You should make note of the name of the tournament before proceeding to step 3.
3. When you click the online payments link you will land on the Speech & Debate page. Find the “Tournaments” cart item and click the title.
Note that the initial cost is $0.00. You have to click on the “Speech & Debate Tournaments” title which will bring you to the next screen.
4. From the “Select From List” dropwdown, choose the name/date of the tournament you are paying for.
Note: There may be one or more tournaments listed here so choose the correct option.
5. The price will appear now. If everything looks correct, click the “Add to Cart” button.
Once you choose an option the cart item will show a price value.
6. When you’re ready to check out, click the “Checkout” button and proceed with payment.
If something is incorrect on this page, you can click the red “X” to delete the cart item and start over.
You’re done! Mr. Montecalvo will receive a notice of the payment and you will receive an email of the transaction.