Thank you to our 2018-2019 Sponsors
The Asheville Speech and Debate Boosters raise money for our students through sponsorships and fundraising. Without these funds, we could not have a team. The money pays for everything from scholarships for students to attend tournaments, paying bus drivers to drive students to the tournaments on weekends to covering the costs of the Golden Tickets (so each student has one free ticket to a tournament) and much more. All the money raised goes to ensuring our students can compete in speech and debate. Please consider sponsoring our team. Sponsorship Brochure
If you cannot be a sponsor, please participate in one or more of our various fundraisers listed below.
Sponsoring AHS/SILSA Speech and Debate
We want you to sponsor the AHS/SILSA Speech & Debate team.
Your sponsorship will help our team:
- Support our scholarship programs
- Contribute to travel expenses to statewide and national tournaments
- Help with team tournament fees
- Help to host of our large local events including Cougar Classic
- Reach out to diversified community connections.
Great Opportunity for our Local Community
Sponsoring our team provides the following benefits:
- A direct write off for businesses due to the advertising benefits
- Exposure and bonding to our Community, Parents, Students & Alumni
- Exposure and sourcing to future employees and contacts
- Strengthening your In-House employee image
- Individuals tax deductible as a donation
Do you know someone who might want to be a sponsor? Do you want to be a sponsor? Click here for our Sponsorship Brochure
Support our Sponsors
Without our sponsors, we could not run our team. Please visit our sponsors and reciprocate their support.
The Animal Hospital at Reems Creek
WNC Design Build general contractors
blueblaze REAL ESTATE GROUP
MATHEWS ARCHITECTURE, P.A.
Davis Financial Planning LLC
James and Asya Colie
Tax Deductible Donation
The AHS/SILSA Speech and Debate team Booster Club is a 501(c) (3) non-profit so all sponsorships are tax deductible. Making a Tax Deductible Donation? You can send a check or money via your student to Mr. Smith or mail a check to AHS/SILSA Speech and Debate Booster Club, 419 McDowell St Asheville, NC 28803. Checks should be made out to AHS Debate Booster Club.
Join Our Fundraising
Asheville High’s Speech and Debate has the following ongoing fundraising opportunities. Join our team and help support our students participate in speech and debate at Asheville High.
- Shop Amazon Smile: If you are shopping on Amazon (Prime or regular member) enter smile.amazon.com, select AHS Speech an Debate Booster Club for the Supporting Member and shop till you drop. Amazon donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases to our AHS Speech and Debate Booster Club.
- Purchase an Ingles Card: One of our AHS Speech and Debate parents sells $100.00 Ingles cards. For each card sold, Ingles donates $5.00 to our Booster club. Need a gift for a friend or family member? Want to support a GREAT group of students? Buy an Ingles card. Contact Jim O’Brien, firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a card. Our parent will meet you anywhere or anytime to get the card to you! (Just kidding but he is pretty amazing at making purchasing the cards very quick and easy).
- Support our Speech and Debate Student fundraising activities: Buy raffle tickets, baked goods. Attend the Eat Out nights, and come to the AHS Speech and Debate Showcase to support our team.