The Asheville High Speech and Debate Boosters is a non-profit 501(c) (3) that raises funds to support the AHS Speech and Debate Team. All donations go towards scholarships, offsetting coaches expenses and funding travel expenses for our team. The AHS Booster Club fundraising ensures ALL students can participate in AHS Speech and Debate. The AHS Speech and Debate Booster Club is a non-profit so your donation is tax deductible. You can donate on an individual basis or become a corporate sponsor. Our Sponsorship levels are:
- Platinum Level-$2,000
- Gold level-$1,000
- Silver Level-$500
- Bronze Level-$250
- Team Player-$100
For more details on becoming a corporate sponsor please see our Sponsorship Brochure.
Sponsor our first ever AHS Speech and Debate Talk-A-Thon.
The pandemic allowed us to be creative this year.
Normally in early December, the team does the Silent-A-Thon, where our team members take pledges to NOT talk for a full school day. But since COVID has flipped our entire world upside down, this year the AHS Speech and Debate team held its first ever Talk-A-Thon. During the week of Monday, December 7 through Friday, December 11, the AHS Speech and Debate team talked non-stop, 24 hours a day, without interruption. The students performances were live-streamed for some Live-Streaming Pure Madness!
The Asheville Speech and Debate Boosters raise money for our students through sponsorships and fundraising. Without these funds, we could not have a team. The money pays for everything from scholarships for students to attend tournaments, paying bus drivers to drive students to the tournaments on weekends to covering the costs of the Golden Tickets (so each student has one free ticket to a tournament) and much more. All the money raised goes to ensuring our students can compete in speech and debate. Please consider sponsoring our team. Sponsorship Brochure
If you cannot be a sponsor, please participate in one or more of our various fundraisers listed below.
Sponsoring AHS/SILSA Speech and Debate
We want you to sponsor the AHS/SILSA Speech & Debate team.
Your sponsorship will help our team:
- Support our scholarship programs
- Contribute to travel expenses to statewide and national tournaments
- Help with team tournament fees
- Help to host of our large local events including Cougar Classic
- Reach out to diversified community connections.
Great Opportunity for our Local Community
Sponsoring our team provides the following benefits:
- A direct write off for businesses due to the advertising benefits
- Exposure and bonding to our Community, Parents, Students & Alumni
- Exposure and sourcing to future employees and contacts
- Strengthening your In-House employee image
- Individuals tax deductible as a donation
Do you know someone who might want to be a sponsor? Do you want to be a sponsor? Click here for our Sponsorship Brochure
Tax Deductible Donation
The AHS/SILSA Speech and Debate team Booster Club is a 501(c) (3) non-profit so all sponsorships are tax deductible. Making a Tax Deductible Donation? You can mail a check to AHS/SILSA Speech and Debate Booster Club, 419 McDowell St Asheville, NC 28803. Checks should be made out to AHS Debate Booster Club.
Join Our Fundraising
Asheville High’s Speech and Debate has the following ongoing fundraising opportunities. Join our team and help support our students participate in speech and debate at Asheville High.
- Shop Amazon Smile: If you are shopping on Amazon (Prime or regular member) enter smile.amazon.com, select AHS Speech and Debate Booster Club for the Supporting Member and shop till you drop. Amazon donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases to our AHS Speech and Debate Booster Club.
- Purchase an Ingles Card: One of our AHS Speech and Debate parents sells $100.00 Ingles cards. For each card sold, Ingles donates $5.00 to our Booster club. Need a gift for a friend or family member? Want to support a GREAT group of students? Buy an Ingles card. Our parent will meet you anywhere or anytime to get the card to you! (Just kidding but he is pretty amazing at making purchasing the cards very quick and easy).
- Support our Speech and Debate Student fundraising activities: Buy raffle tickets, baked goods. Attend the Eat Out nights, and come to the AHS Speech and Debate Showcase to support our team.